How much do construction workers make? The question is not idle. After all, it is from your wallet that payments will be made with the construction workers for the repairs performed. Just say – their services are not cheap. Therefore, you should not be surprised when the master, for tiling the bathroom and toilet, asks for your monthly salary.
That’s that. It remains to be comforted by the thought that beauty requires sacrifice. Including financial. Or you can try laying the tiles yourself. Such an active position will significantly reduce repair costs. But still, how much do construction workers earn?
Disappointed? But they answered honestly. After all, the construction worker’s income depends on many factors.
For example, from the skill of the worker. An auxiliary, does not receive even half of the specialist’s income. If a beginner is not interested in improving his skills, his fate is sad. He will carry out the most difficult and low-paid part of the work. Of course, this rule does not always work and not everywhere. In large construction firms, the wage gap between the novice and the experienced worker is not so obvious.
The influx of finances into the construction worker’s pocket is highly dependent on the time of year. Workers usually have no shortage of offers during the season, which is why the highest-paid offers are considered first. The absence of downtime in the work well contributes to the growth of worker income.
A close-knit team is also not the least. Alone, as elsewhere, it’s harder to break through. A skilled and sober team can afford to take on the execution of orders that a small number of people simply can not master.
How much do self-employed construction workers earn?
In a successful month, some hardworking individuals manage to raise the annual salary of an office worker from the province. In fairness, we note that it may well happen that she will then have to live all winter because of the complete lack of orders. But even with this state of affairs, the total amount will be quite decent.
How much do formal construction workers earn?
In most cases, significantly less than those who are ready to travel around the country in pursuit of a long ruble. Low income is a kind of payment for a relatively stable life, the ability to use all kinds of loans and the illusive hope of a good pension.
The minimum and maximum salary that can be earned by construction workers in Spain
The construction sector still has a long way to go in Spain, thanks to good forecasts for economic growth, consumption and employment. The good progress of the brick is not only perceived in the increase in investment, the return of the cranes to the cities, the increasing concession of mortgages or the rebound in merchanting: it is also seen in the salaries that professionals receive.
According to data from the consultancy Adecco, in some branches of the construction sector you can get to charge more than 100,000 euros a year, as long as they are responsible positions and the professional has previous experience. We review what are the minimum and maximum salaries that can be earned per year in the main intermediate and high profiles of each branch:
Construction is one of the areas that offers the highest salaries among its managers and executives. The General Director, the Technical Director and the Group Leader stand out as the best paid profiles, while the Study Technician is in the queue for remuneration. This is the salary in each case:
– CEO: with a minimum experience of five years, about 80,000 euros are charged in cities such as Valencia or Bilbao, while in Madrid and Barcelona the figure increases to 85,000 euros per year. In the event that the professional has been in the position for more than a decade, the annual salary reaches 115,000 in the two largest cities in the country, around 110,000 euros in others such as Valencia and 100,000 in the case of Seville. Therefore, in this profile, salaries range between 80,000 and 115,000 euros per year.
– Technical director : depending on the experience and the location, the remuneration is between 50,000 and 82,500 euros. In the first case, for example, we would find ourselves before a professional who has been in office for five to six years (if that professional is in Madrid or Barcelona the figure rises to 60,000 euros), while the highest salary is found in two great cities for those who have been exercising for more than a decade. In Seville, on the other hand, that same professional would earn about 70,000 euros a year.
– Group leader: in this case, the salary ranges between 45,000 and 75,000 euros. In the first case, it would be a professional with less than 10 years of experience working in a large city other than Madrid and Barcelona, two essential requirements to earn a salary close to the high band.
– Site manager: in this position you can collect between 30,000 and 50,000 euros. For a professional who has a two-year experience, the salary is around 30,000-40,000 euros (the lowest in Seville and the highest in Barcelona and Madrid), while those with more than 10 years in office can charge up to 50,000 euros in the case of large cities. Two other positions also move in these forks: head of production and head of studies.
– Study technician: this is the medium-high profile of construction in which less money is charged. Specifically, the average is between 30,000 and 43,000 euros. C omo happens with other professions, work in Madrid or Barcelona and accumulate at the least 10 years of experience is the key to approaching the highest remuneration.
Within this branch we find several profiles: zone director, service manager and facility manager. All move in the fork 35,000-75,000 euros.
– Area director: it is the best paid position with a fork of between 45,000 and 75,000 euros, depending on the city where it is practiced and on experience.
– Service Manager: this is the intermediate profile, where a minimum of 40,000 euros are collected with two years of experience and in cities such as Valencia, Seville or Bilbao. The maximum annual salary is 60,000 euros for a professional with more than a decade of experience and who develops in Madrid or Barcelona.
– Facility Manager: it is the position with the lowest salary. We are talking about 35,000 euros per year for professionals with little experience working in large cities and up to 55,000 euros in the case of the more experienced professionals who work in the two major metropolises.
In the world of architecture, the most common salaries range between 25,000 and 60,000 euros. It is one of the smallest forks in the construction sector.
– Architect: it is the second most outstanding position, although salaries are somewhat lower than the previous ones. On average, and depending on the experience and the place where he works, an architect can charge between 30,000 and 45,000 euros.
– Commercial technician: he is the most outstanding, with salaries of between 30,000 and 60,000 euros. Already a professional with just two years of experience can earn about 30,000 euros, while those who have spent at least 10 years in a similar position can earn between 50,000 and 60,000 euros. In this profile something curious happens: salaries remain the same in all cities.
– Draftsman: as in the previous case, in this profile it does not matter where the activity is carried out, but the salary varies depending on previous experience. The newer ones earn between 25,000 and 28,000 euros, while the more experienced ones can earn between 32,000 and 35,000 euros.
This activity is at the sector average, with salaries of between 35,000 and 75,000 euros depending on the position and experience. In the case of the Project Manager profile, the annual salary is between 35,000 and 70,000 euros, while in the case of a Construction Manager the average is somewhat higher: between 37,000 and 75,000 euros. In both cases, and as it happened in some profiles linked to architecture, in both cases the city in which you work is indifferent: a professional from Madrid and Bilbao will charge the same.
Real estate development
This is the activity that takes the gold medal in the construction sector: it is that the maximum salary that can be charged exceeds 100,000 euros per year, although everything depends on the profile, the years of experience and the city in whichever is exercised.
– CEO: it is the position with the best figures. Even those with little experience working in cities like Seville or Valencia can earn around 85,000 euros a year. And if you have more than a decade of experience and work in cities like Madrid or Barcelona, the maximum salary can reach 140,000 euros per year.
– Technical director: this profile is another of the most prominent in the ranking, with a salary of between 70,000 and 120,000 euros per year, depending on the experience and the place in which the activity is carried out. In the case of those with more than 10 years of experience, the minimum salary is 95,000 euros per year.
– Commercial director: this profile is also one of the highest, although the remuneration does not reach in any case 100,000 euros per year. Its fork is between 47,000 and 90,000 euros, depending on the years of baggage, the experience and the place where you work.
– Head of expansion and land: both profiles have a similar remuneration, which ranges from 40,000-42,000 euros for professionals with little experience and who work in cities such as Valencia or Seville to 90,000-95,000 euros that are paid annually by those who They have more than 10 years of experience and work in Madrid or Barcelona. Therefore, they are in line with a commercial director of a developer.
– Promotions manager: here we find the lowest remunerations for real estate development. A professional with less than five years’ experience in Seville can earn around 25,000 euros a year, while another who has been practicing for more than 10 years in Madrid or Barcelona can pocket around 85,000 euros per year.
Real estate consultant
The salary that we can find in this real estate branch is in a range of between 20,000 and 65,000 euros per year, depending on various factors.
– Investment technician: he is one of the most prominent profiles within a consulting firm, with a salary ranging from 35,000 to 65,000 euros, depending on experience (having at least a decade of experience guarantees a salary of at least 55,000 euros), while working in a big city is an addition: professionals with more experience in Madrid or Barcelona earn 3,000 euros more than one in Valencia or 5,000 euros more than one in Seville.
– Technician of valuations: in this case the maximum wages go down, although the minimums remain. The remuneration of this profile is between 35,000 and 55,000 euros, depending on the experience and the city in which the activity is carried out. But those who have carried out the activity for at least five years charge at least 45,000 euros (Seville) and a maximum of 55,000 (Madrid, Barcelona or Bilbao).
– Property manager: this profile ranges between 30,000 and 65,000 euros, depending on the years of experience and the place where the work is carried out. For a professional with less than five years of experience, the maximum salary is 40,000 euros, while after 10 years, the annual salary is above 50,000 euros.
– Agency technician: this is the profile with the lowest salary in the table in the case of the most junior professionals. Those who have less than five years of experience receive an average of between 20,000 and 30,000 euros per year in this position, depending on the city in which they carry out the activity. However, the most senior (10 years of experience onwards) can earn between 40,000 and 50,000 euros. To achieve this last figure, it is necessary to carry out work in Madrid, Barcelona and Bilbao.